domingo, julio 08, 2007

The Godfather 4?

So, I have to write this in english, in honor of those that attended the 2nd George family Reunion. Most of them live in the US, and speak 95% english, plus, i want to write it like this.

Yesterday, I went to Hamaca Hotel in Boca Chica, which is now called Oasis Hamaca by the way, for the 2nd George family reunion. I was also there at the first Reunion, way back in 1998, and that time it was done on some hotel in Pennsilvania. I was 15 then and they made me wear a ridiculous t-shirt that said "IT'S GOOD TO BE A GEORGE" with 2 maracas right there in the front of the shirt (I still don't get the maracas thing). Back then, I met a whole bunch of old people, who seemed to love my father very much, some where his cousins, or uncles, grandchildren... I was impressed. But being that he is the youngest of 6 brothers and sisters, I understand (and I can relate, because the youngest children are always the most pampered and loved)

This time around, they wanted to make it here in Dominican Republic, so that most of the familiy the lives here could go, without having to shell out a lot of money for plane tickets and hotel reservations. So they did, and they were at the Hamaca since last Wednesday. My sister and I went yesterday for the closing of the event.

As we were greeting everybody, I again got the sense that my father is very loved. Only that this time, I finally realized why... my dad is The Godfather. For real, I mean, every person there looks to him to take care of every little detail, and take care of everyone there.... it's amazing. It's like the actual movie, where the youngest, Michael, takes over for his father, as the Godfather of the Corleone family.

I wonder, am I the next in line?... I mean, my brothers and sisters don't look to me for... anything actually, at least the ones that I have met, but sometimes I feel like I am the glue in my family. Not that I want to be, but it would be nice to get that kind of respect. But I really don't think that is going to happen as my family is very religious, and I'm not... maybe it won't work out for me like that...

*if you would like the translated version of this, please send me a msg...

9 comentarios:

Ojo del Mundo dijo...

y en ingles para que yo no lo entienda, pero no voy a traducir nada........

Karen dijo...

Alan, postulate! you could be the next Godfather, why not? si quieres hacerlo, puedes lograrlo! y asi continuas con la union familiar! y que tan religiosos son? pq seria un impedimento? son MUY religiosos? Tell your father to help you out with that projet!

Anónimo dijo...

no es la traduccion lo que falta.. son las fotos!!

Karen dijo...

Siii Alan, pon fotos! y x otro lado, la traduccion a que idioma es? al chino? yo la quiero en chino! :P

Karen dijo...

Siii Alan, pon fotos! y x otro lado, la traduccion a que idioma es? al chino? yo la quiero en chino! :P

Anónimo dijo...

Eso quiere decir que Pilar seria Kay, tu hermana se casaria con un bastardo que le cayera a golpes, y que a tu hmno lo mataran?

Alan dijo...

algo asi milin...
lo siento no tengo fotos aun..

Unknown dijo...

Hey men, you´re back.... by the way, MARACAS?

Alan dijo...

ya lo sabe... maracas.. no me preguntes por ke...